Friday, April 9, 2010

Cocktail dresses

Went to Paragon, Orchard Road yesterday and saw this gorgeous chandelier at Adeva Spa. I love the modern twist (pun intended) and the randomness of the bulbs placement.

Anyway, here are the gorgeous dresses I tried on at Coast boutique. I went on a rampage among the lovely clothes. So totally me!! Not in much makeup, so will keep pics small...haha.

I like the stark contrast between the white delicate pleats and the black ribbons. It's a bit prissy though, like very prim and proper.

Hmm, this chiffon dress had interesting details at the hem, but definitely had a dull colour. The A-line cut ending below the knees was not flattering.



I quite fancy this one, especially the fabulous gold colour of the silk-satin. The little black rose adds some interest to the gentle ruching at the bosom. I've been told that ruching going in criss-cross directions like this has a slimming effect. Dainty dress perfect for weddings!

This dress is a tad frumpy. All the double layers and seams lent an odd silhouette to my torso. Sorry, this dress does nothing for me.

I liked the bright lime green colour of this dress. The photo doesn't do it justice. If you saw the colour, you'd go wow! The dress has a slight asymmetry with a simple well-fitted bustier. It is made of silk so it kinda swings when you move. But I have a similar white Zara dress already, so will give this a miss.

And my favourite..."bird song" they call it. Love the puff hem. So sweet and cute. There's a row of pretty buttons going straight down the spine too. The material has small little spots on it. The only trouble I think, is my height. It's supposed to end at the knees but it went way past. I wonder if I can shorten it. Would love to own this.

The dresses retail at about between SGD 339 to 399. There's an ongoing 10% sale right now.

Over to BCBG Max Azria, my favourite label. This black dress is from the runway collection 2010, made in limited quantities. For SGD600 plus, nah! Never mind all the tiny details on the outer chiffon silk. I mean, I can't see $600 worth of work.

Finally...SOMEONE BUY ME THIS DRESS in size 0! It is figure-hugging and extremely flattering. I looked slimmer instantly. The criss-cross stripes are made of bandage material similar to what Herve Ledger uses. Unfortunately, it costs $769 if I'm not wrong and I'm not about to splurge this amount on a cocktail dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment