Sunday, March 8, 2009

Latisse, the revolutionary Eyelash Enhancer


For those of you who haven't heard the latest...Latisse is the "first and only prescription treatment approved by the FDA for inadequate or not having enough eyelashes, growing them longer, fuller and darker." Or for vain women like myself.

And the verdict? It works!

Originally used to treat glaucoma, an eye condition, it was discovered that patients experienced the happy side effects of increased lash growth. Allergan then bought over the patented formula to reproduce it for cosmetic use.

I found the product easy to use. I used a brush with a slanted tip to apply a small drop of the watery formula to the base of my lashes. There is no noticeable scent and it felt moist for a few minutes before drying out.

I applied a minute amount nightly over a period of 2 weeks and am (very) pleased to report that my lashes did become longer. Not only that, small new lashes grew, giving a fuller appearance. As promised, the growth phase of each hair is lengthened, and it stimulates growth of new hairs.

Side effects include a slight itch and some days a dryness of the eyes. It also caused very bad dark eyerings. At this point, I must confess that I did not read the instructions carefully and applied it to the base of my lower lashes as well. This may account for my increased side effects. The eyerings have improved since i stopped using Latisse for a few days.

Check out its website for Before & After pictures.

Rating: 4/5

Effectiveness: 5/5
Ease of use: 5/5
Scent and texture: 5/5
Side effects:1/5




No comments:

Post a Comment